What Holidays are observed by WCWA?

New Year’s Day
Martin Luther King Day
Presidents’ Day
Good Friday
Memorial Day
Independence Day (July 4th)
Labor Day
Columbus Day
Thanksgiving Day and Following Day
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

What are the WCWA current rates?

Effective July 1, 2023, Residential Water Customers Only are charged a minimum charge of $29.00 for the first thousand gallons. Customers are charged for water usage based on the following conservation tiers:

Monthly Usage Rate per Thousand Gallons

$4.88 (1,001 –4K)

$5.77 (4,001- 6K)

$6.40 (6,001- up)

What date should I use as the due date to pay my water bill?

All water bills are due by the 28th of each month; unless your account is setup on Automatic Bank Draft, then the payment will be drafted on the 15th of each month.

When is my payment considered late and are there any penalties for late payments?

Any payments not received before the 1st of each month will receive penalty charges on the first business day of the month. A penalty of 10% is added to the account.

When is my service subject to disconnection?

If your account has a past due charge, the past due charge must be paid in full by the 15th day of each month. Disconnection of water service for non-payment will be on the 16th or the next business day of each month at 8:00 a.m. Past due charges must be paid to avoid disconnection of water service.

Is there a deposit required?

All accounts will require a deposit. New customers will also be required to pay an administrative fee of $50.00. At the time the application for water is made, the customer shall pay a security deposit based on the following:

¾” Water Meter – homeowner /security deed or warranty deed $ 100.00

¾” Water Meter – rental /rental or lease agreement $200.00

1″ Water Meter $ 100.00

1.5″ Water Meter $150.00

2″ Water Meter $200.00

(3″ water meter and larger is based on projected usage)

What are the current outdoor water use restrictions?

At this time, White County is under no water restrictions.

Please contact WCWA for additional information, questions or concerns: 706-865-0788.

Why am I charged a service fee to establish service?

The service fee is an administrative fee which covers costs associated with sending a field representative to your residence or business for reading and/or connecting service.

What is the Inspection/Clean Up Fee?

A $50.00 fee is charged and must be paid in advance for residential inspection/clean up for water service that has been disconnected. The water will be available for a maximum of 48 hours and any water usage over 1,000 gallons will be billed at WCWA current water rates. The request form is available on the Forms & Applications page of the website.

What are regular office hours?

WCWA business hours are Monday through Friday, 8AM – 4:30PM.

How can I pay my water bill?

We gladly accept cash, checks, and money orders. We also accept credit/debit cards through our third party payment processor and by phone at 1-844-284-9299 or 1-844-284-WCW9. For your convenience, we also offer ACH Bank Draft. Payment forms can be found on the Forms & Applications page.

Can I make payments on my water bill?

If there has been excessive usage, payment arrangements can be made five (5) business day prior to the 15th through the office to avoid penalty. All payment arrangements will depend on customer’s pay history with WCWA.

Who should I contact in case of an emergency?

If it is between 8AM and 4:30PM, call 706-865-0788. Any other time, please call 706-865-0788 then press #1 with details and the on-call personnel will return your call.

Can I purchase a water meter?

NO, meters cannot be purchased. To apply for meter tap, the application is available to print on our Forms & Applications page or come to WCWA Office during normal business hours to complete an application. Payment for the meter tap must be made at the time of application. Inquires of meter rates can be made by phone or see the rate information provided on our website.

What is the average monthly gallon usage for a family of four?

The average usage is 5,000 gallons for basic needs and depending on your conservation methods.

How often will I be billed?

WCWA customers are billed monthly.

Are special rates offered for senior citizens?

Not at this time.

What documents are acceptable forms of identification to establish new service?

All new services require a landlord rental/lease agreement, real estate broker firm lease agreement or security deed/warranty deed. We also require photo identification.

Do I need to be at home to have my new water service connected?

WCWA customers do not have to be at home for their water service to be connected. A Field Representative will come to your home and connect your service at the water meter. However, you need to turn off everything (such as water faucets, etc.) that uses water prior to your new service being connected. If anything that uses water is left on, the water meter dials will be turning indicating that something has been left on that uses water. The WCWA Field Representative will not leave the water meter on, however the water meter will be unlocked and a blue flag will be placed at the meter for the customer to turn the meter on themselves.

I paid a deposit for new service today, so why can’t I have my service connected today?

WCWA establishes new service accounts by dispatching a field representative to your residence or business to obtain a reading of your meter. WCWA must coordinate the service request schedules of all customers. In order to meet all new service requests, all applications accepted after 2:00 p.m. will not be activated until the following business day.

My water service was disconnected due to non-payment on my account. Can I turn the water back on myself?

NO. WCWA requires that once service has been disconnected due to non-payment, the customer must pay the outstanding balance on the account, including disconnect and reconnect fees. The forms of payments accepted are cash and checks. Anyone caught tampering with a WCWA water meter will be fined $300 per incident for a residential account.

What if my check or ACH Bank Draft is returned by the bank?

Returned checks will cancel the utility payment and result in a handling fee of thirty ($30.00) dollars and applicable late charges will be applied.

If I have any questions about my bill or my account, who do I contact?

Contact WCWA Office at 706-865-0788.