White County Water Authority Operations & Projects
It is the WCWA’s plan to publish quarterly updates to current and pending projects.
- Hwy 115 W – Complete – This project consisted of extending a 12″ water main along Hwy 115 W; which this extension began at the intersection of Hwy 115 W and Asbury Mill Road and then east to the intersection of Hwy 115 W and Thomason Road.
- Black Road – Completed – This project consisted of extending an 8″ water main along Black Road; which this extension began at Leatherford Road and ended at Hwy 115 East.
- Cooley Woods Road – Completed – This project consisted of extending a 8″ water main along Cooley Woods Road; which this extension began at Black Road and ended at Post Road.
- Joe Black Road – projected to begin August 2016 – This project will consist of extending a 12″ water main along Joe Black Road.
These are all estimated dates
Year-End 2016 Report from the Executive Director
- Finished GEFA Projects – Eight (8) months early
- GEFA total ft/miles – 123,950 ft / 23.47 miles
- GEFA totals for Projects:
- Black Road 2,480ft / 8” pipe
- Cooley Woods Road 8,000ft / 8” pipe
- Joe Black Road 7,500ft / 12” pipe
Total 2016 17,980ft / 3.4 miles
- Total Waterline Extension for WCWA 2016
- Dock Dorsey Road 2,800ft / 6” pipe
- Long Mtn Retreat 3,200ft / 6” pipe
- Airport Road 600ft / 2” pipe
Total 2016 6,600ft/ 1.25 miles
Year-End Totals 24,580ft/ 4.65 miles
- 53 water meters have been installed in 2016.
- Over 2000 water meters were read in December 2016.
White County Water Authority
- Connect Soloman / Post Road Well to WCWA water system
- Continue to complete Joe Black Road project – approx. 4,500 ft 12” to resolve pressure problems on Hwy 75 North
- Finish 75 South to Westmoreland Road approx. 2000ft of 8” pipe.
- Install 2000ft 6” water main in Robertstown for Center Baptist Church
- Change out 6” meters in Helen and Cleveland; current meters are not reading low flows under 25 gpm.
- Continue to maintain control of water loss.
Water Treatment Plant
- Continue to work on capital improvement projects
- Build a chemical storage building
- If possible, clean out pond